Friday, July 10, 2015

A way of life..

Okay so i am gonna write this so anyone can take this as a piece of advice, or as a story to share and hopefully it would help in anyway. So my parents think that i am foolish, that anyone can trick me into anything because i can't think clearly, and i try to prove them that they are wrong, but i don't think they see it, especially my dad. I feel that he is always seeing me as a ten year old girl, although i am gonna be 21 soon. The problem is that he is too protective, he is always afraid that something bad is gonna happen, he never sees a silver lining in anything. Whenever i have a trip, or i just wanna go out with my friends, he tells me no, because a thief can come and steal from me, or the streets aren't safe, or i can just die in any way, i hate that he is that protective, i know that he is a father and he has the right to be afraid, but not that much, all he is doing is suffocating me. I see other parents letting their kids go, and i am sure that they are concerned about them as much as any parent would do, but they are letting them living, they are letting them taking their own choices, so they would know the right from the wrong by themselves, and i believe this is the best way to raise a child, i am not a mother yet, but if i become one, yes i would set boundaries for my kids, but i will let them do things that they can do, life is about living within your limits, as long as you're going in the right direction. Whenever something happens to me, i can't tell my parents as anyone would do, i don't trust them enough to tell them, i know they would be judgmental of everything i do, although i know i am not doing anything wrong, but they have the mind of the 90s when people were so strict about everything, though it wasn't wrong. A piece of advice from me, earn your kids' trust, let them learn on their own way and let their character veil the world, don't always tell them they are foolish, encourage them to live and not to be afraid, let them learn from their mistakes, no one is perfect except Allah, we are meant to make mistakes. But fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Remember that, and i hope this blog is making difference in anyone's life, because all i wanna do is to make a difference and i can't with my dad keeping me in the house... 

No comments:

Post a Comment